Thursday, January 05, 2006

Late Breaking News

So my dear, sweet 15 year old son had a little mishap last night. He slipped running up some stairs, and broke the 4th metatarsal bone of his right foot. (I think that's how you say it, anyway. I looked it up in online "Gray's Anatomy". )

It could be a lot worse, since it is broken, but not out of place. All we gotta do is keep it all in alignment, keep him off of the foot for a day or two until the swelling goes down, and he gets a cast.

So as he's getting wheeled down the hospital corridor to get his rental crutches, he says, "Wow, my first broken bone!"
I wanted to smack him! Sure, I got my first broken bone at his age (right ring-fingertip crushed by slapshot--my fault, I was out of position) but what a thing to say while your mother is pushing a wheelchair you're sitting in. At least, 15 year old boys should heal fairly fast.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Merino? Mohair? Alpaca? Someday!!

adopt your own virtual pet!