Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Rippin' Hat 1.0

Well, I am still dancing around like Ed Grimly, (although I look more like Edith Prickly!) with the sheer joy of planning DS15's "Rippin Hat". For inspiration, I have turned to this free pattern for an ear-flap style hat:



and this free pattern for the motif.



I thought maybe this motif at first:


I guess it all depends on what kind of *Wool I end up using. The Hello Yarn pattern for the hat would take me waaaaay longer than 16 days to knit.

Now I just have to figure out if I am going to line the hat, and if I am going to knit the lining or use arctic fleece. I think a knitted lining would stretch better. Hey, I could even knit his name into the lining. Hmmmm. Everything depends on where I am at day 12 or 13, eh?

*Wool=acrylic knitting worsted, unless I can get out of town to shop. Don't hate me, that's all they have here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Merino? Mohair? Alpaca? Someday!!

adopt your own virtual pet!