Friday, September 24, 2004

Progress, of a sort

Now I'm in trouble. I stumbled upon a web-ring of Canadian weblogs, a ring whose members are pledged to use proper Canadian English. Impressed, I impetuously tried to join.
Aaaaacckk! What have I done? How on earth will my blog meet the standards? What if I accidentally misspell things, important things like "arbour", or "colour", or "cheque"? I can't use spell-check, can I? (No, Canadians do not write "spell-chequing", the word "cheque" is only for money matters.)
I always seem to get into trouble when I am flushed with my own success. Today I figured out how to personalize my blog page beyond my wildest dreams. The button for the web-ring even appeared on my blog--right where I wanted it to!--with a little disclaimer about why it may not work yet.
I have probably just found enough HTML rope to hogtie myself. Sigh.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, it's all about the intention -- we aren't that pedantic! Or at least I try not to be... especially since I'm sure I make tonnes of mistakes of all sorts on my blog! Welcome to the ring.

Aven
http://cast.off.net

25 September, 2004 15:53  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Merino? Mohair? Alpaca? Someday!!

adopt your own virtual pet!