Sunday, October 02, 2005

4600, Baby!

I am back from my trucking adventure! Precisely 4,600 kilometres later, I have seen a lot, and learned a lot. (That's 2,839 miles, but who's counting.) Sing with me, now, "Six days on the road, and I'm gonna make it home tonight...".

One of the things I have learned is: a Caterpillar 330 Excavator is reeeeally heavy and quite wide. You need flashing lights all over the place, banners on your bumpers saying you are wide, and red flags on all 4 corners, just in case people miss the flashing lights.

The other thing I learned is that even though the rig with this "busy machine" on it weighed about 60 tons (NOT exaggerating!) and the ride seemed very smooth, the buddy seat was too bumpy a ride to knit. (Awwwwww.) DHtrucker says he'll try to make his next truck one with air-ride seats on both sides. (Awwwww.) (I love him.)

I'll have to ask DS15 if the computer was acting funny while we were away (he stayed with Grandpa and Amma but visited home once in a while) because it won't let me get my pictures from my camera. Something about a Windows dll file missing. Hmmmm. That sounds expensive...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Merino? Mohair? Alpaca? Someday!!

adopt your own virtual pet!