Sunday, September 26, 2004

Many Delicate Euphemisms

(I was going to use the multiple punctuation type of Sunday funnies SWEARING to approximate in visual display the AGGRAVATION I am feeling whilst knitting this Patons Cha-Cha into a poncho for DD; but I am worried that I will inadvertently do something in html that I don't want. But hey, gobbeldy-gook is what I want, right? So here it comes.)

$&*+#%!!!!!
The only way to avoid dropping a Cha-Cha stitch is to concentrate on each stitch. Powers of concentration are not my claim to fame.

The only way to tell if you have dropped a stitch is to count every row after completion, which takes almost as long as knitting the rackin' frackin' row.

The only way to FIX a dropped stitch is to candle the fabric with a bright lamp and use a tiny crochet hook to navigate all the fuzziness and snag the offending shadowy,slender, silken loop. That, and get DD to hold up the knitting in front of the lamp, since this is a three-hand, mid-air operation.

Am I the only one who has experienced this? Is there any hope except for a month of torturous knitting (at the end of which we will find that ponchos are no longer in style)?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help, or at least convince me that a poncho made from the pelt of Bozo's llama will look good in the end.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Merino? Mohair? Alpaca? Someday!!

adopt your own virtual pet!